Lynton Crosby abandons Harper

crosby_1024

The Australian dirty tricks strategist brought in last month to salvage Stephen Harper’s re-election campaign has abandoned the Conservatives, according to the spin doctor’s partner.

Lynton Crosby, who successfully revived David Cameron’s flagging campaign earlier this year helping the UK Prime Minister secure an unexpected victory by resorting to racially charge dog whistle politics and wedge strategies, appears to have thrown in the towel after polls showed that same tactics are failing to sway Canadian voters in sufficient numbers.

Crosby’s partner Mark Textor has launched an online campaign to distance their firm Crosby|Textor from the Conservative campaign, going as far to create a hashtag #notincanada.

“Neither Crosby nor Textor are there,” Textor tweeted. “Nor staff. We don’t do bit-part politics.”

Stephen Harper’s spokesperson Kory Teneycke had earlier confirmed that the Conservative campaign had been getting help from Crosby, but refused to provide any details.

Immediately after obtaining Crosby’s services, Stephen Harper used the phrases “old stock Canadians”, which, according to commentators, is coded language intended to excite the Conservative base.

“It’s part of the deliberate strategy to sort Harper’s constituency from the rest of the electorate,” Frank Graves, president of EKOS Research told the CBC. “It creates a sense of us versus others.”

This was followed by Jason Kenney, tipped to succeed Harper as the next Tory leader, lashing out against “people like Nenshi,” in reference to Calgary’s popular mayor Nahed Nenshi, who is a son of Muslim immigrants.

Jason Kenney, who was responding to Nenshi’s accusation that the Conservative campaign’s use of the niqab as a wedge strategy was “dangerous” and “disgusting,” was derided online by Canadians who deemed the Defence Minister’s comments to be racist spawning the hashtag #peoplelikenenshi.

“This is unbelievably dangerous stuff,” Nenshi had earlier told Evan Solomon during an interview on the former CBC host’s podcast. “I spoke with a group of mayors and councillors from all over Alberta last week, and in my speech with all of these people from small town Alberta, I stood up and said this is disgusting and it is time for us to say stop it — to say this is enough.”

The Conservatives also pledged to start tip line for Canadians to report their neighbours for “Barbaric Cultural Practices,” which was once again met with derision by Canadians, who took to social media to mock the Tory plan.

Crosby’s departure maybe the final nail in the Conservatives’ coffin, as they now trail the Liberals by seven percentage points, according to the latest Nanos poll.

Commentators believe that Stephen Harper’s decision to seek endorsements from Toronto’s controversial former mayor Rob Ford and his brother Doug, widely seen as a last desperate attempt by the Prime Minister to cling to power, caused Crosby to bail on the Tories.

“Betting there was a power struggle behind scenes and when someone suggested using the Ford family, Crosby jumped ship,” former Tory riding executive Tracey Kent tweeted.

Gauging by the reaction online to Crosby’s departure, Canadians do not seem to be missing the man who introduced racist and divisive politics into Canadian politics.

“It’s brand protection,” Michael Budd. “Crosby and Co can’t have neo-cons in other countries thinking racism won’t win them elections”

146 Responses to Lynton Crosby abandons Harper

Be vigilant, Canada, this could be a trick.

Revelation 12:9: “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn’t exist.”

Harper and Crosby might be trying to lull us all into a false sense of security.

Exactly…a desperation move to make people have sympathy for the devil.

Why would anyone have sympathy?

• Brad says:

Please allow me to introduce myself
        I’m a man of wealth and taste
        I’ve been around for a long, long year
        Stole many a man’s soul to waste

And I was ’round when Jesus Christ
        Had his moment of doubt and pain
        Made damn sure that Pilate
        Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
        Hope you guess my name
        But what’s puzzling you
        Is the nature of my game

I stuck around St. Petersburg
        When I saw it was a time for a change
        Killed the Tsar and his ministers
        Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
        Held a general’s rank
        When the blitzkrieg raged
        And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
        Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
        Ah, what’s puzzling you
        Is the nature of my game, oh yeah
        (Woo woo, woo woo)

I watched with glee
        While your kings and queens
        Fought for ten decades
        For the gods they made
        (Woo woo, woo woo)

I shouted out,
        Who killed the Kennedys?
        When after all
        It was you and me
        (Who who, who who)

Let me please introduce myself
        I’m a man of wealth and taste
        And I laid traps for troubadours
        Who get killed before they reached Bombay
        (Woo woo, who who)

Pleased to meet you
        Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
        (Who who)
        But what’s puzzling you
        Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
        (Who who, who who)

Pleased to meet you
        Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
        But what’s confusing you
        Is just the nature of my game
        (Woo woo, who who)

Just as every cop is a criminal
        And all the sinners saints
        As heads is tails
        Just call me Lucifer
        ‘Cause I’m in need of some restraint
        (Who who, who who)

So if you meet me
        Have some courtesy
        Have some sympathy, and some taste
        (Woo woo)
        Use all your well-learned politesse
        Or I’ll lay your soul to waste, mm yeah
        (Woo woo, woo woo)

Pleased to meet you
        Hope you guessed my name, mm yeah
        (Who who)
        But what’s puzzling you
        Is the nature of my game, mm mean it, get down

Hey wait a minute, I’m pretty sure that’s a Rolling Stones song….

be more vigilant. ..stick together …don’t get trapped. …work harder till the end

Yeah, that verse doesn’t exist.

Here’s what Rev 12:9 is though:

Revelation 12:9 New International Version (NIV)

9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Crosby didn’t bring racism to Canadian politics.Harper did .VOTE ABC

• ethel cardew says:

What an absolute load of shite you spew on here. You are fully aware that Thomas Mulcair use the term OLD STOCK CANADIAN and good 4 weeks before Harper uttered it. yet there was not a peep about racism then was there? Deny if you like deflect if you like. The Niqab issue was not about denying people the right to have it daily. it was meant to identify yourself in order to become a Canadian. it only became a divisive issue when you screaming illiteratti started shouting about. Yes you made it a race issue by calling our PM a racist. If he is such a racist how many minorities has he have running for his party? I know it would too hard for many of the village idiots out there to actually do their own homework but there are 4 days left ( I know that is the side you all lean) but at least try and be truthful and honest in your reporting…….failure to do so make you a LIAR…..now I would rather trust a racist than I would a LIAR to ruin my country. yes ruin.

• Jacqueline says:

My dear Ethel

Please do your own research on the niqab and citizenship ceremonies. You will find it is a non issue in terms of verifying identity and becoming a Canadian.

Stephen Haper is the biggest liar and his scandalous ministers and his satori. …so you are right . Don’t trust a liar.

Well then your happy with HARPO because you got both in that piece of work.

Please don’t use big words like “illiteratti” when writing posts full of grammatical errors.

• sistams says:

“The Niqab issue was not about denying people the right to have it daily. it was meant to identify yourself in order to become a Canadian.”

Then you don’t know it was already policy that a woman wearing a Niqab has to reveal their face to a citizenship officer before the oath. No one was contesting this. This policy is already in place. So, it was a non-issue created to be divisive.

Is there any footage or papers that recorded when Tom Mulciar said that??

Please base your argument on fact that Mulcair said; old stock Canadian. Because I can’t find it anywhere but I found this:http://thetyee.ca/Mediacheck/2015/09/18/Old-Stock-Canadians/
            Please send me the link that can backup your OPINION….

Ethel, other politicians have used the phrase to refer to something very different from how Harper used the phrase. No one seems to be able to find evidence of Mulcair using it as you claim. Would you be able to provide it? Typically, it’s been used to refer to Quebecois whose roots can be traced to original French settlers. In that context, it isn’t decisive, it has a particular meaning — especially within the context of the recognition of the ‘distinct society’ of Quebec. However, Harper wasn’t using it as that. He was using it as subcode, readable to conservatives from all over Canada. He was using it not in the way that others used it but to distinguish between white conservatives and racialised new immigrants. There’s nothing “old stock” about Newfoundlanders, for example, who joined Canada in the late 1940s, nor is there anything “old stock” about the West, where the majority of people’s family lineage dates back to 1890s-1920s. Language only matters for you to consider it in context… although I have no idea of what the “illeratti” is… I assume it’s a butchering of “literati”? Would you like to elaborate?

• Roberta Livingstone says:

Your comment would be stronger if you learned some basic English grammar – I guess you aren’t old stock

• Anonymus says:

Why is it that conservative supporters seem so angry all the time. I feel like every time the PCs are criticized, the supporters go into to attack mode. They don’t confirm or deny or show any sort of evidence that what is being reported is untrue, they just start screaming and yelling and name calling. I find it very immature. I’m more than willing to listen to the PCs defend themselves, but I refuse to be yelled at or belittled while they do it. I’m ready for a grown up conversation, I just wish they were.

• Frank Derossa says:

Dear fellow Canadian, have you ever listened to those so called ethnic minorities who are running under the conservatives? Have you heard them speak? They don’t even know why they are running in this election. They are simply stupid individuals the Harper government have pulled on board to make themselves look like they are somewhat multicultural. Please search up these minorities and just contact them and try speaking to them for just 5 minutes. You’ll quickly realize that they are only running for personal gain and know nothing about the actions of their party.

• Vanccanuck2010 says:

@Ethel Cardrew ” I would rather trust a racist than I would a LIAR to ruin my country. yes ruin.”

Says the white person to the rest of Canada’s mosaic. We already HAVE a racist AND a liar currently sitting as prime minister. And he’s ruined our country enough. Time for a change.

• Ray McLean says:

the woman in the Niqab privately identified herself to a female immigration official before the ceremony. Harper created an issue to scare people.
            There’s no reason to use insults to describe people who disagree with your politics.
            Canadians need to get away from that type of dialogue. Look what it does to our friends south of our border. If your choice loses, act like an adult Canadian.

And here’s your sign, racist plebe

You are an idiot if that’s what you’re basing your vote on. And a racist.

• Peter K. Dickens says:

Sorry Ethel, but you’ve already had a liar running your country for the past 9 years.

Ya BUT Harper is also a lier and bullshite professional

• Kara says:

Those who do wear the niqab hafta show there face when they actually take the oath moron!! Educate yourself. They take the real oath in private. There, in front of female staff, these women show their faces and sign the document. What we see is just the parade so to speak… So yeah, they shouldn’t have to show their faces to the men/disgrace themselves etc for no reason?! Its like telling a white catholic women she has to wear a bikini to a business conference. I’m a women BTW, and feel you are clearly not. I say if a women wants to wear a niqab then let her… Its about choice and women being free to choose just like men… And for me, its about a man, with all his white privilege not telling minorities/underprivileged what they should and shouldn’t do… Especially from ignorance, which clearly sir, by your post, you have no idea how the oath ceremony and process actually works, nor do you seem to know much about Muslim culture, values and traditions. Sorry for being harsh, but this type of fear mongering is detrimental and completely unnessissary… .

Re:why do the Conservative supporters get so defensive and go into attack mode. Because they learn from their masters.

If you would rather be a racist then you ARE a liar and a fool. 7 degrees of separation.

• moonepower says:

Link to your statement re : Mulcair, please??

I agree the media and Harper haters make it a race card B.S!!!

• Don Ewes says:

Thomas Mulcair used the term “old stock Canadian” 4 weeks before Harper? Really? That’s news to me. Do you have proof of this? I’d be interested to see it. Or is this another example of PC hyperbole, like your Oakville candidate’s spurious claim that voting Liberal means getting mandated brothels and needle-injection sites in your neighbourhood. To set the record straight, the niqab issue is NOT about identification. Zener Ishaq, the woman whose case ended up before the Supreme Court, was required, like every other person who applies for Canadian citizenship, to show her face (in private) to prove her identity. She had to remover her veil once more–again in private–prior to taking the oath, again to prove that it was her that was actually taking it. The niqab issue is not and never has been about identification. It’s about inciting racism, pure and simple. You talk about people doing their homework before posting comments here. I respectfully submit that you apply those same standards to yourself.

• Mike says:

“Illiterati!” Thanks for that. That was a good belly laugh. Sorry I disagree with everything else you said.

• George says:

Uh, open your eyes and look around you. Harper is still running niqab ads in Quebec. If you trust or abet a racist, then you ARE a racist.

Dear Ethel, Stephen Harper is a fascist, a liar, a mysoginist and a real environment destroyer. Your failure to read the papers and see all the times he has thwarted democracy, let the women, especially First Nations women down by cutting programs that protect women and children, etc, etc… He is worse than Nixon. Where have you been for the last 12 years? Pick up a paper, will you! he even bullies his own caucus if they dare to express an opinion that isn’t identical to his own. The nuqab issue was always a non issue. They always had female officersmof the court to identify women, or a closed court with all females present, including the judge. Stephen was told to make it an issue by his Aussie campaign advisor Crosby to appeal yo racist voters. End of story. Wake up! Take a cue from Hazel Mcallion!

• StupidEthel says:

Ethel, you stupid piece of garbage dingbat.
            It’s hard to tell if you are a pathetic liar or just flat out stupid enough to believe the crap coming out of your backwoods head. True inbred harper material.

• Mark says:

The niqab is absolutely not about I.d. niqab wearers reveal their face before ceremony. The issue was raised to dvide Canadians and stir up fear of muslims

The lady took her oath in the niqab. It went well. She was id’d in private by a female before hand. No one died and Jesus killed zero kittens. Harper made it an issue to sway the vote in Quebec.

Why are Harper supporters always so unfamiliar with grammar?

• Ramswrsw says:

What are Conservative shills getting paid these days, “Ethel?”

• Glen says:

Mr. Cardew, I am glad to hear that you do not want a liar ruining the country. It warms my heart to read that you will not vote for Mr. Harper. A man who has a long and glorious history as the Prime Minister of Canada as being a man who will lie to your face while wearing a smile. A man who will negotiate an agreement with a province, then re-write the document. Who has been recorded with the answer to documents entered into court “I do not accept this rendition of the truth”. The true statement of a liar. Written documents that are accepted by a court are considered the truth, refusal to accept “That rendition” means he creates his own “truth”.

• Arthur Burton says:

Come on, Ethel! Everyone knows it’s “unliterari.”

Ma’am Harper has lied about the Duffy affair, the cost of F35s, the robocall scandal and to provide open and honest governance (yet he won’t even meet the media on open terms). Yet you trust him? Really!?!?

A racist (Harper) is worse than a liar…a criminal…will go to whatever lengths to con …..fool…and get away with creating status and rights less than his righteous ego…and whatever actions to get followers to blindly follow

You are full of lies, just like Harper who you seem to adore!

• K. Mohan says:

The niqab issue is not about identification as the women who wore it to her citizenship ceremony had no problem removing in a private room with a government official so that her identity could be confirmed and women who choose to wear it are not trying to conceal their identity. They wear it as a means of getting closer to god, it is a religious practice.

• tired of bs says:

Harper lies , is a liar , and should not be allowed to be PM

• JJ says:

Well Ethel, given that Harper is a racist AND a liar your choice is made easier in this election. If you are inclined to verify (and I find few Harper fans are) you can check his record of lies and racism on the internet : here’s a starter for you http://harperlies.blogspot.com/

• andre says:

If you people still believe in heaven and hell we are in bigger trouble than I thought. It’s time humanity started to believe in themselves and their capacity to survive without mumbo jumbo. The laws of nature are unbreakable and will inevitably force us to make a major change from aggression and profit mode to peace and survival mode. The longer it takes the more difficult and painful it will be. Just to make a few billionaires, What a waste on a galactic scale.

• Nedzad says:

So, you are OK for your country to be ruined if racist does it, but not if liar does it. What about electing somebody who will not ruin Canada at all.

• Wil says:

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

HAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA if stephen harpers not racist…

HAHAHAAAAAAAAA

• Tarah says:

Isn’t Harper the guys who is reported to have said “The people don’t care that I told a lie. They only care that the results were achieved.” ?

• Maggie says:

You had better not vote for Herr Steve if you don’t like liars. He lied outright about the CBC budget, saying his government had not decreased the CBC budget when in fact the CBC has lost millions from it’s udget in the last four years. He approves everything in government through the PMO which means he approved the ad saying they Mr. Trudeau would cancel income splitting for seniors. Mr. Trudeau has stated that he will not do such a thing and that he will improve the income for the poor seniors. He has based his whole campaign on fear – fear of terrorists as though his government was the
            onlt government that could protect Canada. Her Steve is the one who hid in a broom closet at the first sigh of truble. Seems like you need to do some fact checking yourself.

• Just Sayin says:

WAtch this especially #4 and then honestly tell me Harper is not a liar or for that matter a dictator.

It was Justin Tuesday that used the term old stock 8 years ago during the Quebec referendum – he didn’t win then and won’t now.

I feel sorry for you Ethel. Your delusion can only be pitied.

Harper government has withheld millions of dollars for crime-prevention programs — the same programs it cited in pre-election events as proof of its tough-on-crime policies.

About $28 million in promised spending for the National Crime Prevention Strategy was allowed to lapse over the last three years, an internal document Shows…….

Bullshit. Harper is a neo-nazi (well documented), a fan of Hitler, Stalin, and Mao, a sadistic white supremacist, a pathological liar, and a psychopath

He is delusional and still claims he’s an “economist”. He’s signed 23 trade deals and our trade deficit gets worse by the month. He has exported tens of thousands of manufacturing jobs to the U.S. and overseas. Ontario’s manufacturing base has been destroyed so we can’t even take advantage of our 75 cent dollar. We even have to bribe giant, profitable corporations to stay in Canada with subsidies, tax cuts, reduction of wages etc. as soon as they get what they want they move out anyway. Harper is the most incompetent negotiator imaginable. He is afraid to meet with the Premiers; how do you think he deals with expert foreign negotiators? He can’t. His shameful dirty deeds are done in secret. He hasn’t the guts to show us what he’s done.

He’s a traitor using foreign funds (the Koch bros.) and foreign liars as advisors (the GOP fraudsters and the Wizard of Oz. Harper should be hammered on Mon. He will go berserk, withdraw to his closet in his bunker and, hopefully, never be heard of again

No con should be allowed back on Parliament Hill where they will destroy masses of evidence of their crimes. We hated Mulroney who was let off Scott Free in the Airbus Scandal by Johnston, SH’s old friend who was appointed GG for his treachery. SH and his organized criminals must be thoroughly investigated, charged with their crimes and jailed. No one but the super rich and the brain dead would ever support this bastard after all we know about him. He cannot possibly win a fair election. If he steals this one we will know it has been by extremely illegal means and people should take to the streets.

• Mr. Knowitall says:

More Con Kool-Aid for you, being the i̶n̶f̶a̶n̶t̶i̶l̶e̶ loyal Klan member that you are.

• Zes says:

A correction for you: The person in question showed her face prior to the citizenship ceremony to prove her identity and was happy to do so.

She never refused to identify herself.

You say you would rather trust a racist…so I guess we all know where you lean too.

• mark says:

I would rather elect a leader that I did not expect to ruin my country.

It seems you “would rather trust a racist than I would a LIAR to ruin my country. yes ruin.”, are accepting the idea that the damage is already too serious to repair.

• Jake Austeen says:

Because common sense says you choose your spouse at the wedding ceremony, and so you choose your future citizens at the citizenship ceremony?

Time to leave that rock ethel.

Vote strategically to unseat incumbent PC

• Cheena Graham says:

“Canadians do not seem to be missing the man who introduced racist and divisive politics into Canadian politics”.
          Oh Please!! Let’s not be ridiculous! Crosby may be a lot of sickening things, but he definitely did not introduce racist, divisive politics into Canada – THAT honour belongs to none other than dear leader himself, that corrupt, misguided, devious, vindictive, ill informed, mean spirited, illegitimate, ugly, self serving, greedy, lying, war mongering, spiteful, negligent, disgusting piece of work that cheated his way into a majority so that he could tear our country apart, bit by bit, and sell it all off to the highest bidder!

mulcair never said that. you need to check your facts.

I watched a newsclip and remember Mulcair himself saying that very description …. sure why not just vote for Trudeau and make things much worse than they are now …. then this country will really be totally screwed.

• Ber McEwen says:

Yes, should we report him for Barbaric Cultural Prqctices. There certainly have been enough of them during this dictatorial reign.

Harper is trying to turn Canada into a reflection of his barbaric psychopathic mind. He is insane. He could do anything in the next 3 days, including Mon. He is a zombie in public and a homicidal maniac in private. My guess is that many of his staff will secretly vote against him. The atmosphere around him must be like a pressure cooker.

He cannot possibly win an honest election. If he steals this one we will know it was by illegal means.

Absolutely Agree with this. ..if only we can permanently kick him out!

This whole thing is a farce put together by bashharper group he is the only leader to have

Bought did!!

Wow, that went right over your head… it’s a quote from a movie. The Usual Suspects.

Fuck religion

• mike says:

Quoting the bible? Really?

Yeah, I think this is a trick, especially since nobody else is reporting on it. Perhaps they’re waiting to confirm for sure.

That’s a great quote from the Usual Suspects which is fiction…just like the bible

I think you getting confused with the movie, “The Usual Suspect,”

Harper has been quietly nudging the racist wedge for much longer yhan Crosby being on the scene. Digging a hole one shovel full of manure ata time.

• S. Peterson says:

I think thy are just saying that because Canadians have not been happy about Crosby being here so harper is pretending to dump h8im.

• Amy says:

True. However, the quote is misattributed. “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn’t exist” is actually a quote from the movie The Usual Suspects (1995), which is based on a quote by Charles Baudelaire that reads, “La plus belle des ruses du diable est de vous persuader qu’il n’existe pas.”

Also an idea used in C. S. Lewis’s Screwtape Letters. You could do a lot worse for political self-defense than study that brief and pithy book in depth.

• Tarah says:

Put it another way: First you tell people to lift up their arm and smell the underarm. Then you tell them that what they smell is stink. Then you tell them “I have something you can spread there to give it a better smell.” This is the way in which the “underarm deodorant” was marketed. Ask any of the beauty product marketer.

No. That’s from one of my favourite movies, The Usual Suspects – not the bible.

Wasn’t that keyser soze?

Good riddance. Crosby! Now we need to focus on liberating Canada from Harper and his clique!

This is great stuff, and by lookingup information in this article, it is legit. It still doesn’ change the fact that the Conservatives (actually the Reform party under a diferent name) have to go so low to remain in power. We all need to vote and make sure that we all get a chance to exercise our right to our own voice to bring some change in Ottawa.

• Glen says:

Please note: Crosby’s company had to move from Australia to England after their help in not getting their employer re-elected, due to not being able to convince Australians that Global Warming does not exist. This in a country suffering a DECADE of drought, and with a massive hole in the ozone above Antarctica. May his success rate continue to plummet.

Gotta go ahead and say that isn’t what Revelation 12:9 says but more of a Verbal Kint expression.

I think this country is fucked either way

• Verbal says:

That wasn’t Revelations. That was The Usual Suspects.

well you were lulled in to believing in a fairy tale

• John Doucet says:

Not certain which bible you are quoting. Here is the KJV version.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

you took the words right out of my moutg

2. Dave Turchynsky says:

Awww…. just when I was starting to have some fun. :/ Now I have to go back to mocking the HarperCONparty the old fashioned way. :(

This story is not published anywhere else. I’m not sure that it’s true.

4. Ray MacLeod says:

Pleading for a few sympathy votes? That should stir the base!

5. Joe Lychak says:

He didn’t travel all the way round the world as a dirty trickster and all of a sudden develope ethics about rubbing shoulders with crack heads and other scum.

No, but he does want to distance himself from a campaign that blew up in their faces.

No but he did come to win. I was in Peru and New Zealand. The Fords are well know around the world. Thier reputation is not a good one. Canadians are especially vigilant when it comes to the Fords. Now if Crosby initiated Racism political retortic and the Ford Nation shows up, what percentage of the Ford Nation is WASP?

6. JillyBean says:

Please proofread your copy! I don’t think you mean that Canadians ‘spurned’ the hashtag #people like nenshi. I think you were looking for the word ‘spurred’. Changes the meaning entirely. Less dire proofreading oversights further down. Careless writing obfuscates your meaning. That said, a pox on Lynton Crosby, Stephen Harper and their ilk.

7. Lubna says:

The Reform party spent a lot of time and money to re-brand itself. The Reform party scared Canadians. What we are seeing this election is the Reform party. Harper can only pretend to be something else for so long.

8. Peter Huffam says:

After checking out the C/T Group website, I’m a bit surprised that the firm had anything to do with the Harper Regime at all. Harper’s long term personal habits (Megalomania and Deceit) were in complete conflict with the techniques advocated by the C/T Group. Guess Crosby decided to sign on for a bit, collect a nice fat paycheque, then abandon ship before the final coup de grace on 19 October. He could probably see that this was a lost cause, as Harper really is his own worst enemy.

9. Dave says:

It won’t work here…

We are Canadians. We take pride in our openness to other cultures…and our kindness to new faces. We used to be KNOWN for this worldwide.

It just won’t work here…

10. Jef Keighly says:

Crosby|Textor: Racism ‘r Us!

11. GOOFPUNCH says:

In early September, with the campaign faltering, Harper & the Fords hosted Lynton Crosby at The Dinner Party.

We think it went something like this: https://youtu.be/GMrVeUoXHx8

Huck Farper!!!!! Let’s get rid of this racist, lying douchebag.

13. Abigail says:

Not sure why this would make anybody feel SORRY for Harper, but who knows how the hell his mind works (or Crosby’s). I certainly hope it’s true.

14. GOOFPUNCH says:

In early September, with the campaign floundering, Stephen Harper & the Fords hosted Lynton Crosby at The Dinner Party: https://youtu.be/GMrVeUoXHx8

15. Ben Kuypers says:

JUST SAY NO – TO DOPE !!

16. Joe Doakes says:

I heard Crosby was deported for barbaric electoral practices.

17. rick says:

Ethel, back a bit , was a wry bit of humour.

18. voxcorvegis says:

In fairness to Lynton Crosby, the Niqab trick probably would have put Harper into the lead if the Bloc hadn’t been around to absorb the “xenophobic” vote in Quebec.

19. Michelle says:

Save Canada Deport Harper!

Only 4 more sleeps until the nightmare of Harper is gone.

What was his most stupid moment recently? Embracing the Fords? Having TPP fizzle? The “tax lock”? The niqab? Lying about the dangers of pot? The refugee xenophobia? Claiming to be the only one in the PMO that knew nothing? And….all his claims of superior economic management being proved as total lies.

It’s amazing how a kid who dropped out one things or another worked for a couple years as a drama teacher the rest of the time toured around the world on daddy’s money and you morons want him to lead the country because his dead father did really I mean really let’s a citizenship to a terrorist let’s raise the taxes let’s remove the tfsa this is what you want for a leader.

Good riddance! Tax lock? How moronic. Shows the same lack of any knowledge of law as Harper. Anti-Muslim rascism? Disgusting.

Go home and never come back. Your client is defunct. He’s now turned to embracing the Fords since your rascist rants backfired.

You are an embarrassment to humanity.

23. Noni Mausa says:

Quick question: who is Michael Budd, the name inserted in the last sentence of the story? I didn’t see him referenced anywhere else.

24. Only thing worse than stupid comments is the people who have to comment on them doubling my ‘to do’ reading.

25. Jay says:

Some bad reporting going on here. This story just got posted but Textor’s been denying it since the beginning…he used the hashtag #notcanada (not “#notincanada”) a month ago.

26. H. W. Luckey says:

Why does nobody mention the two trillion dollars debt
    Harper occurred, this is not a balanced budget
    this is a betrayal on the Canadian public. Hans .

27. Darcy McNeil says:

Harper may of tried to lit a match, but we were all flammable long before he arrived on scene.

I am anti harper in every way. But what he tried to do with this cosby-esque wedge-politics was only worth the attempt because our countries already possessed substantial traces of racial attitudes. Harper was merely being oppertunistic.

The real challenge ahead of us is to clean up our crap. Ousting harper will not achieve that.

I recently estranged a auncle because of his racial response to one of my cbc niqab articles on facebook. These perspectives have been passed down from generation to generation for a very long time. They are deeply entrenched in the hearts and minds of neighbours and family.

Maybe even in ourselves?

The vigilence we need is not to merely oust harper.

It is to evolve…

so the likes of him will in the future have no power over us.

28. CB says:

This is so obviously a ploy in a desperate attempt to draw attention away from the recent resignation of Gagnier from Trudeau’s campaign.

No other news media is reporting this except ThinkPol and the National Observer, a left-leaning wing-nut group.

If there were any truth to this, Huffpost, CBC, Macleans, would be all over this.

• Jake Austeen says:

Every left wing person knows that the Liberal party is full of wolves. Gagnier resigning is a non-issue in comparison to Harper not resigning.

29. Computer Training | Computer Certifications | Microsoft …